Become a Covenant Member
Would you like to be a part of a focused group of people who share the same concerns you do?
Would you like to feel that what you are doing for Christ is not just a drop of water falling into the ocean but is joined with other drops into a wave of change?
Are you concerned about the moral decay in our country and the apparent inability of many churches to bring about real change in the moral and ethical lives of their people?
If that’s who you are, we’d love to link arms with you to impact the world with the message of holiness.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is The Francis Asbury Society?
- It is a group of people who have resolved to live and proclaim the truth that complete Christian salvation involves not only forgiveness but also complete transformation through the Holy Spirit’s power.
Why is it called The Francis Asbury Society?
- Because more than anyone else Francis Asbury is responsible for the existence of this message in North America. Between 1771, when he arrived here, commissioned by John Wesley, and 1816, when he died, he rode more than 225,000 miles on horseback preaching, teaching, and publishing the message of full salvation. Asbury’s watchword and cry was, “Be Wholly for God”, and his 18th century life and ministry is our model.
How does The Francis Asbury Society seek to implement its vision?
- By each member’s seeking and living a Spirit-transformed life.
- By encouraging each other in conferences and retreats.
- By making available to churches itinerant evangelists who will preach the complete gospel of forgiveness and transformation.
- By making this message available through print, and audio and video media.
The Francis Asbury Covenant
- I will surrender my will to God daily and trust Him to fill me with His Spirit.
- I will reject every known sin in my life, and if I should fall into sin, will immediately confess it, repent of it and seek every means to prevent its return.
- I will pray and read my Bible daily, praying especially for the Society and its work.
- I will seek out a small group of like-minded Christians with whom I can pray and be accountable.
- I will be faithful to serve and support my local church.
- I will support the work of the Society financially as I am able.
If you would like to commit to the above, please print out this Covenant card and return it to FAS.